Expert session circularity in wind energy by Vattenfall
During Dutch Design Week (DDW), on 24 October, Vattenfall will organise an expert session about circularity in wind energy. What will the energy infrastructure of the future look like? And how do we make sure that thematerials we use in this transition will be re-used?
Circularity is a key theme for designers and industries alike, and Vattenfall and Dutch Design Foundation team up to spark new ways for collaboration on this theme.
Design studios embark on this journey with Vattenfall, in What if Lab: Upcycled Turbines. The designers will develop concepts for the design question, ‘What if… decommissioning a wind farm became a (gold) mine of resources?’
Thought leaders, experts from the industry, researchers and designers will share their insights and
bring you up to speed on promising developments and potential future routes towards circularity in this domain.
Registration & drinks
Opening & introduction
- Justine Kontou – Stakeholder Manager & Senior Projectmanager What if Lab
- Thomas Hjort – Vattenfall Director Innovation Offshore Wind Energy
- Prof. dr. Jacqueline Cramer, Professor of Sustainable Innovation at Utrecht University
- Prof. dr. René Kleijn, professor of Resilient Resource Supply at Leiden University
- Joep Breuer – Scientist Wind at TNO
- Nina Vielen-Kallio – Circularity Manager in the energy transition at ECHT
- Rob Kuilboer – Account Manager at Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Gustav Frid – Senior Environment & Sustainability Specialist, Business Area Wind at Vattenfall
Reflections by the selected design studios
17:00 – 18:00hrs
Sign up here as soon as possible, as there are limited spots available.
Read more about What if Lab: Upcycled Turbines in this interview with Thomas Hjort or about the partnership between Vattenfall and Dutch Design Foundation.